The E2 Visa Program is allowing international investors like you, and their families immigrate to the United States and start the road to their dreams with a Franchise Business!

The United States has entered into treaties with several E2 Visa Treaty Countries and established the E-2 Visa Program to allow international investors and business people from those countries to work in the U.S. for a business in which they have invested.

Qualification Criteria for an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

There are six requirements for getting an E-2 visa:

  • The applicant must be a citizen of a country that has a relevant treaty with the United States.
  • The applicant must be coming to work in the U.S. for a company that he or she either owns or that is at a minimum 50% owned by other nationals of the country of origin.
  • The applicant must be either the owner or a key employee (executive or supervisor, or someone with essential skills) of the U.S. business.
  • The applicant or the company must have made a substantial investment in the U.S. business. (There’s no legal minimum, but the applicant or company must be putting capital or assets at risk, be trying to make a profit, and the amount must be substantial relative to the type of business.)
  • The U.S. company must be actively engaged in commercial activities and meet the applicable legal requirements for doing business in its state or region. It also cannot be merely a means to support the investor. The underlying goal of the treaty investor visa is to create jobs for U.S. workers.
  • The applicant must intend to leave the U.S. when his or her business in the U.S. is completed, although the person is not required to maintain a foreign residence abroad. The applicant will likely be asked to show the U.S. consulate evidence of eventual plans to leave the United States.
  • E2 visa – Treaty Investors
    Owner or Developer of the new enterprise from a treaty country that has 50% or more ownership in a substantial US employment creating investment.
  • The Treaty Investor Visa permits citizens of certain Countries (see list below) to reside in the United States through an investment in the U.S.A. The investor must come to manage or oversee the investment.You can invest in virtually anything or trade in virtually anything. While some investments of less than $100,000 are approved, its safe to say that the investment capital and reserves should total at least $100,000 – $200,000 and the applicant must be prepared to demonstrate/project that the business will employ at least 3 – 4 persons.